- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Care Work, Elderly Residential
- Job Ref: MC
- Salary: £7.50 - £8.50 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions Social Care are recruiting for on-going temporary workers to assist our client based in various locations around the Cardiff area.
The service caters for individuals within an extra care scheme with some requiring personal care and manual handling.
Candidates MUST have had 6 months paid or 12 months voluntary experience in a similar line of work that we can reference. We can offer a variety of shifts and the opportunity to work on-going.
Ideally you will be skilled and trained in manual handling however New Directions do offer free training.
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 30th November 2017