- Location: Bridgend - South Wales
- Sector: Care Work, Elderly Residential
- Job Ref: SR
- Salary: £8.21 - £9.00 per hour
- Apply Now
We are currently recruiting for experienced care assistants in Bridgend and the surrounding areas.
The ideal candidate will have experience providing care to individuals who require additional help and support, in particular experience working with individuals with Dementia, individuals suffering with physical illness/difficulties and/or ageing individuals.
We require you to work on a flexible basis fulltime or part-time hours available and you must have had at least 6 months paid or 12 months voluntary experience in a similar setting.
Your role will be varied but will include supporting service users in a residential setting, helping with general care duties, manual handling, personal care, cleaning and assisting with medication.
If you are interested in this position then please call us on 01792 620190.
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 5th September 2019