- Location: Somerset - South West
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Care Work, Elderly Residential
- Job Ref: OM
- Salary: £8.21 - £9.00
- Apply Now
Are you looking for extra hours? Are you looking to expand your experience in care? We are looking for care assistants who are interested in picking up extra hours or flexible full-time work in Somerset.
You will support during meal times, be involved in all activities like bingo, games, shopping and social activities provided by the home to promote our relationship centred care with building relationships within the residential care home. Promoting the service user’s choice, independence, dignity, privacy using person-centred approach.
We can offer you:
Flexible shifts (Days, evenings, nights, weekends)
Weekly Pay (Competitive rates)
Work in advance (monthly and weekly)
Different sectors to expand your skill and knowledge.
Friendly office staff
About you: Caring, compassionate and within 6 months care work experience or 12 months as volunteer.
If you like the idea of making a difference to people’s lives and would like to have flexibility when you work and where you work, then please click on Apply.
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 5th April 2019