- Location: Blaenau Gwent - South Wales
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Care Work, Elderly Residential, Social Work
- Job Ref: AJ
- Apply Now
Position: Care Assistant
Location: Blaenau Gwent
Shifts: Days/ Nights/ Weekends
We have several flexible vacancies for experienced Care Assistants to work full or part time hours in the Blaenau Gwent area. It is essential that you are willing to travel to get to some of the Care Home locations.
If you take pride in giving the best possible care that enhances the wellbeing and quality of life of every individual you care for, we can offer you flexible shifts that fit around your family or other job commitments.
We are recruiting reliable and caring people who want to make a difference to people’s lives, providing high quality, and consistent care.
Experience of caring for those with dementia is highly desirable.
Manual Handling training (in date) is also essential for this role
Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and assisting with activities as required.
We take pride in the quality of our care, so we’re looking for experienced care assistants with a genuine, caring approach, who are reliable and want to make a difference to people’s lives, providing high quality, and consistent care.
New Directions can offer full or part time hours with a variety of shift patterns available along with a competitive hourly rate, weekly pay, free training and the chance to work with an organisation that prides itself on providing a first class care and support service.
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Carefor more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 2nd November 2016