- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Adult Services, Care Work, Support Work
- Job Ref: AJ
- Salary: £7.20-£8.00 per hour (dependant on experience)
- Apply Now
Position: Care Assistant
Shifts: Days/ Nights/ Weekends
We are recruiting reliable and caring people for a 75 bedded nursing home in Cardiff, who want to make a difference to people’s lives, providing high quality, and consistent care.
As a Care Assistant you will assist the Senior Care Assistant with all aspects of care within the home. You will support service users with activities, personal care and during meal times creating an enjoyable and professional environment.
As a Care Assistant you will have 6 months experience within care and will be looking to work on a flexible basis.
You will also have training in;
New Directions can offer full or part time hours with a variety of shift patterns available along with a competitive hourly rate, weekly pay, free training and the chance to work with an organisation that prides itself on providing a first class care and support service.
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Carefor more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 11th November 2016