- Location: Blaenau Gwent - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Adult Services, Care & Support, Care Work, Elderly Residential, Social Work, Support Work
- Job Ref: OS
- Salary: £8.21 - £9.00
- Apply Now
New Directions are recruiting for experienced care assistants to work in a range of services in the Cardiff area. Services include but are not limited to extra care housing, nursing and residential homes. You will care for people living with physical disability and neurological conditions such as Stroke, Huntington’s, Acquired Brain Injury and Dementia.
The services that you will work in have been purposely designed to provide a bright, positive and vibrant environments to meet the needs of the residents.
Applicants will be required to have a minimum of 6 months paid experience or 12 months voluntary experience in a similar role or setting and also have an understanding and passion for helping others. This role would be ideal for those looking to gain further experience in this field and have flexible working hours.
You will be required to support the senior care staff, creating a safe and comfortable environment for all service users. You will be required to help during mealtimes and with any personal care.
An enhanced DBS check will be required if you don’t already have an update service enabled certificate.
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 6th February 2020