- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Job Type: Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Care Work, Elderly Residential, Nursing
- Job Ref: OS
- Salary: £8.21 per hour
- Apply Now
Salary: From £8.21 per hour
Shift Pattern: Days and Nights
Experience: Personal Care, Dementia Awareness, Physical Disability, Medication Awareness
Sector: Elderly Residential
Essential: Training certificates in Manual Handling, POVA, First Aid
New Direction Social Care are recruiting temporary Care Assistants to work in a variety of different settings in the Swansea area.
Applicants will be required to have a minimum of 6 months paid experience or 12 months voluntary experience in a similar role or setting and also have an understanding and passion for helping others. This role would be ideal for those looking to gain further experience in this field and have flexible working hours.
You will be required to support the senior care staff, creating a safe and comfortable environment for all service users. You will be required to help during mealtimes and with any personal care.
An enhanced DBS check will be required if you don’t already have an update service enabled certificate.
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 21st March 2019