- Location: Monmouthshire
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Adult Services, Care & Support, Care Work
- Job Ref: AJ
- Salary: £7.20-£8.00 (dependant on experience)
- Apply Now
Hours: Part time and full time available
Position: Support Worker
Due to expansion, New Directions are recruiting Support Workers to support individuals with complex needs, learning disabilities and physical disabilities in their own homes and in the community.
All applicants must be able to work on their own initiative, have a UK driving license and access to their own vehicle.
You must be kind, diligent and proactive with the emphasis on the service user retaining their independence.
Shifts will include day and evening work as well as weekend work.
You would be responsible for assistance in the community, encouraging the participation of activities, building trust and good relationships, prompting personal care and working closely with family and external bodies to encourage positive outcomes at all times for the service users.
Manual Handling training is essential for this role.
The role offers flexibility on shifts and the opportunity to work around your lifestyle, an excellent rate of pay, free training and the opportunity to work with an experienced staff team.
If you are interested in this vacancy we have immediate interviews available.
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact ND Care & Supportfor more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2082 7555, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 2nd November 2016