- Location: Caerphilly - South Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Care Work
- Job Ref: OS
- Salary: From £8.21 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions Social Care are currently recruiting for Care Assistants in Cardiff and the surrounding area to work on a temporary basis within elderly nursing and residential homes.
As a relief worker you will have autonomy to work on a flexible basis fulltime or part-time and will have had 6 months paid or 12 months voluntary experience in a care home setting.
New Directions offer mandatory training to suit your needs and the opportunity to work on a flexible basis in a supported environment. We pay on a weekly basis and offer a competitive hourly rate.
Your role will be varied but will include supporting elderly service users in a nursing or care home environment.
Key skills we require to enable you to do the job are as follows:
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic understanding of legislative requirements e.g. CQC, POVA, POCA
- Ability to empathise
- 6 months paid or 12 months voluntary experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of preferred client group
- Excellent team player
- Personal care
- Knowledge of manual handling
- Assist with mobility issues.
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 10th January 2020