- Location: Bridgend - South Wales
- Job Type: Part Time
- Sector: Care Work
- Job Ref: SR
- Salary: From £7.83 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions are recruiting for temporary Care Assistants to work in a beautiful nursing home in Porthcawl that is situated in a prime location with views over beaches and the new harbour.
It is a short distance away from the promenade which boasts numerous cafes, bars and ice cream parlours where residents can enjoy hot or cold beverages whilst taking in the views. There are good public transport services just a short distance away and a small shopping centre.
The home operates around the needs of the elderly people in it’s care and prides itself on the good reputation that it has earned over the years.
The home has assisted baths, a wet room and hoisting facilities. There are two passenger lifts giving access to all areas. The home also has several lounges to suit individual requirements, including two quiet lounges and two with entertainment facilities.
We require experienced care assistants who already have an All Wales Manual Handling Passport and are available to pick up temporary shifts to cover the homes’ sickness and annual leave. The home use ourselves to cover both day and night shifts so flexibility is preferred.
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 19th December 2018