- Location: Cardiff
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Adult Services, Older Persons
- Category: Care Assistants, Domiciliary Care Assistants
- Apply Now
Are you a care assistant seeking a new opportunity? Would you like to have the option to pick and choose when you work and where you work with excellent pay rates? Then join New Directions! We are recruiting for experienced agency care assistants to work in a variety of nursing and residential homes throughout Cardiff.
The ideal candidate will have experience providing care to individuals who require additional help and support, in particular experience working with individuals with Dementia, individuals suffering with physical illness/difficulties and/or ageing individuals.
We require you to work on a flexible basis fulltime or part-time and you must have had at least 3 months paid or 6 months voluntary experience in a similar setting.
Your role will be varied but will include supporting service users in a residential setting, helping with general care duties, personal care, cleaning, assisting with medication.
Key skills we require to enable you to do the job are as follows:
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic understanding of legislative requirements e.g. CQC, POVA, POCA
- Ability to empathise
- Manual Handling certificate
- Excellent team player
- Personal care
- Assist with mobility issues
If you are interested in this position then please call us on 02920390150 or alternatively you can submit your CV and a consultant will be in contact with you should you meet the above requirements.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 16th February 2021