- Location: Bridgend
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Adult Services
- Category: Adult Services, Care Assistants, Older Persons
- Apply Now
Are you a Care Assistant seeking a new opportunity? Do you have recent experience within a Residential or Nursing home?
Are you as passionate about helping others as we are?
New Directions are looking for reliable and trustworthy Care Assistants. We cover Public/ Private sector Residential & Nursing homes for the elderly in Bridgend.
The role: Care Assistant
Pay scales: Days £9.25/ Nights £9.75
We’re seeking caring and compassionate individuals who enjoy interacting with the elderly and assisting them with their daily living activities. Candidates must be warm and friendly, with a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and a genuine passion for providing quality care. Successful candidates will be self-motivated, well-organized and able to work independently and part of a team. Previous experience in a 3 months paid or 6 months voluntary capacity is desirable for this role.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist clients with personal care tasks.
- Perform light housekeeping tasks.
- Assist in the safe lifting, transferring, repositioning and movement of clients.
- Observe, monitor and record clients’ physical and emotional well-being, and promptly report any changes to senior staff.
- Encourage clients to participate in social and recreational activities.
- Excellent communication skills
- A basic understanding of legislative requirements.
- Ability to empathize
- Manual Handling certificate
- Excellent team player
- Personal care
- Assist with mobility issues
- Ability to understand and follow policies and procedures.
If you’d like to have an informal chat about this position then please call Richard on 02920 390 150 (option 1) Alternatively you can submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be in contact with you should you meet the above requirements.
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 21st May 2021