- Location: Shropshire
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Care Work
- Job Ref: GF
- Salary: From £21,000 per annum
- Apply Now
New Directions are looking to recruit a Care Worker to work with children and young people, who have led troubled lives.
We are seeking Residential Care Workers to join our growing organisation, at various homes across Shropshire. Flexibility is important as you may be asked to work at a number of different homes over a period of time.
You need to be:
· Committed to providing an excellent level of care for the young people.
· Enthusiastic in your approach to tough challenges.
· Assertive in difficult situations.
· Able to remain calm under pressure.
· A strong communicator with great interpersonal skills.
To apply for the role, you will require:
· Full driving licence and your own vehicle.
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 31st July 2018