- Location: Bristol - South West
- Job Type: Full Time
- Sector: Elderly Residential
- Job Ref: OM
- Salary: from £9.32 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions is recruiting Care Worker in Bristol
Are you looking a rewarding job where every day you can make the difference?
If you’re passionate about providing the very best care in a residential care home setting and you are looking for a flexible job.
Excellent rates! from £9.32 per hour Day Shift
About the role:
Able to provide personal care to the service users.
Help with the administration of medication.
Help with light meals and cleaning.
Taking the service users out and about.
We can offer you: Flexible shifts (Days, evenings, nights, weekends)
Our Bristol office covers Bristol and surrounding areas, so you can choose your preferred locations.
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 7th December 2018