- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Child Care, Children's Residential, Support Work
- Job Ref: Gareth Ford
- Salary: £8.00 - £9.00 per hour
- Apply Now
We are currently seeking a Support Worker to cover shifts at a project for children with learning and physical disabilities in the Roath area of Cardiff.
The home itself caters for children in the care sector who have a mixture of challenging behaviour, disabilities and complex needs. The children within the home are aged between 10 and 18 years old.
New Directions are looking for candidates who are empathetic, understanding and have a caring nature. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates who like variety in their work and take pride in improving the quality of the lives of those in their care.
General duties involve:
· Providing all elements of personal care, support & assistance to clients, from supporting with personal hygiene to companionship.
· Prompting and administering medication
· Building relationships and promoting independence
· Meal preparation
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 21st November 2018