- Location: Bristol - South West
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Temporary
- Sector: Children's Residential, Support Work
- Job Ref: Liam Healan
- Salary: £9.00 - £10.00 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions Social Care Recruitment are looking for Children’s Residential Support Workers to work in various 3 and 4 bedded private children’s home in a beautiful rural location on the outskirts of Bristol as well as a few Central Bristol locations for our private clients.
There are many vacancies from full time and part time (agency) work available on a weekly rota as well as agency staff to work weekends and part time hours.
Within these roles our clients are looking for experienced youth workers, youth offending candidates or adolescent outreach workers who have a proven ability and understanding of working with children and teenagers in care aged 9 – 18 years of age.
You will be working directly with children who have extreme challenging behaviours and emotional problems – but the job is very rewarding – so if you are seeking a new challenge then this is the role for you.
You will need to be ideally qualified QCF or NVQ Level 3 Children and Young People or have a proven experience of working directly with children and young people who are of complex needs, challenging and emotional behaviours and young offenders.
For those in Wales you will need to register with CCW – care Council for Wales.
A car driver and full UK driving license is essential due to the work and role demands and a specific client requirement to be eligible for this vacancy.
All candidates need to be a minimum age of 23 or over due to the client demands and client job specification of working with teenagers in care up to 19 years of age and client demands there must be a minimum of a 5 year gap between staff and oldest child in care.
• Full Time Salary – Excellent Rates of Pay salary from £21k up to £24k
• Agency Work available from £9 – £10 per hour + £62 for sleep ins.
• OTE £5k extra – with over time and sleep in bonus. (Depending upon proven ability, knowledge and experience).
• Excellent Holiday Entitlement
• Free Training in all aspects of Social Care Work.
• Flexible shift working Patterns to suit your needs
• Use of Company Pool Car for direct related work
• Free Parking On Site at Each Home
• Future Career progression available for roles such as Senior RSW, Team Leader, Deputy and Management Roles at all homes and we currently have vacancies in these positions across all Locations.
The role of a Children’s Residential Support Worker
Children’s Residential Support Workers look after the physical and mental wellbeing of children in care. Children living in a residential care home need the same kind of support and care that all children and young people need, in order to achieve the best they can in terms of their health, education and all aspects of their development.
As a residential support worker you will need to gain the trust of children and young people who for a variety of reasons need to use residential care to help them deal with issues affecting their lives. The work involves being a role model, developing good relationships and guiding children and young people in their learning, life skills and personal development. You will have an individual responsibility to comply with statutory child protection processes and make sure that children are kept safe from harm.
- the ability to get on with people of all ages and backgrounds and gain their trust;
- tact, patience and understanding;
- mental strength, to cope with challenging situations and clients.
To work in children’s homes, you must be at least 18 years old and at least 4 years older than the oldest child in the home. For this reason, many of these jobs carry a minimum age restriction of 21.
Children's Residential Support Workers will be required to hold or complete the relevant Level 3 qualification in Children & Young people.
In Wales, Residential Child Care Managers and Workers must register with the Care Council in order to practise.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 18th January 2019