- Location: Somerset - South West
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Temporary
- Sector: Children's Residential, Support Work
- Job Ref: LH
- Salary: £8.23 - £9.12 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions currently have jobs that are available in a specialist educational and residential home in Frome, Somerset.
The home is a high-quality provider that caters for children (boys and girls) with autism and adhd aged 8 up to 18 years for age.
This specialist home can support and cater for up to 7 children at any one time.
• We currently have a special request from a long serving client of ours in this area to supply weekend staff.
• There are 2 positions available working weekends.
If you want part time hours, weekend work, waking night shifts, or even want full time work, then we have all these opportunities available right now.
• You must be over 22 years of age and have worked with teenagers and youth work before.
• Car drivers essential due to the job requirements unless you live local to Somerset.
• Excellent rates of pay from £8.23 per hour – £9.12 upwards per hour for day work
The role of a Children’s Residential Support Worker
Children’s Residential Support Workers look after the physical and mental wellbeing of children in care. Children living in a residential care home need the same kind of support and care that all children and young people need, in order to achieve the best they can in terms of their health, education and all aspects of their development.
As a residential support worker you will need to gain the trust of children and young people who for a variety of reasons need to use residential care to help them deal with issues affecting their lives. The work involves being a role model, developing good relationships and guiding children and young people in their learning, life skills and personal development. You will have an individual responsibility to comply with statutory child protection processes and make sure that children are kept safe from harm.
- the ability to get on with people of all ages and backgrounds and gain their trust;
- tact, patience and understanding;
- mental strength, to cope with challenging situations and clients.
To work in children’s homes, you must be at least 18 years old and at least 4 years older than the oldest child in the home. For this reason, many of these jobs carry a minimum age restriction of 21.
Children's Residential Support Workers will be required to hold or complete the relevant Level 3 qualification in Children & Young people.
In Wales, Residential Child Care Managers and Workers must register with the Care Council in order to practise.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 2nd May 2018