- Location: Shropshire - Midlands
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Temporary
- Sector: Children's Residential, Support Work
- Job Ref: LH
- Salary: £8.00 - £9.00 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions Social Care Recruitment are proud to advertise for a national UK Children’s Residential provider, who are looking for Residential Support Workers to work in a 4 bedded private children’s home in Shropshire England.
For this role our clients are looking for youth or adolescent workers who have a proven ability and understanding of working with teenagers in care, challenging behaviours and emotional problems.
- This home doubles up as an outdoor activity centre based in the Shropshire countryside where children have the right to outdoor educational learning in a fun environment
- You will not need to be qualified QCF or NVQ level 3 children and young people as the client is willing to train people up and jobs we have are full time and part time/agency work.
- We are ideally looking for staff members who are seeking full time hours as agency staff on weekends *(this will be days, sleep ins and waking nights).
- All staff for this home need to be over 22 years of age and be a car driver due to the rural location of this home.
The role of a Children’s Residential Support Worker
Children’s Residential Support Workers look after the physical and mental wellbeing of children in care. Children living in a residential care home need the same kind of support and care that all children and young people need, in order to achieve the best they can in terms of their health, education and all aspects of their development.
As a residential support worker you will need to gain the trust of children and young people who for a variety of reasons need to use residential care to help them deal with issues affecting their lives. The work involves being a role model, developing good relationships and guiding children and young people in their learning, life skills and personal development. You will have an individual responsibility to comply with statutory child protection processes and make sure that children are kept safe from harm.
- the ability to get on with people of all ages and backgrounds and gain their trust;
- tact, patience and understanding;
- mental strength, to cope with challenging situations and clients.
To work in children’s homes, you must be at least 18 years old and at least 4 years older than the oldest child in the home. For this reason, many of these jobs carry a minimum age restriction of 21.
Children's Residential Support Workers will be required to hold or complete the relevant Level 3 qualification in Children & Young people.
In Wales, Residential Child Care Managers and Workers must register with the Care Council in order to practise.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 11th April 2018