- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Children's Residential, Support Work
- Job Ref: Liam Healan
- Salary: £8.00 - £9.25 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions are currently seeking a Support Worker to cover shifts at a children’s residential home in Cardiff.
The home itself caters for teenagers in the looked after care sector who have a mixture of severe challenging behaviour and complex needs. The children within the home are aged between 10 and 18 years old.
The children often have had extremely hard starts to their lives and experienced challenges that many adults would struggle to overcome. With that in mind, New Directions are looking for candidates to are empathetic, understanding and have a caring nature.
Shifts can include days, sleep-ins and waking nights depending on the client’s needs.
We require staff to be car drivers and over 21 years of age, due to company legislation.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 14th November 2018