- Location: Swansea
- Start Date: asap
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Children Residential Support Worker
- Salary: 19000
- Apply Now
Are you an experienced children’s residential support worker? Are you passionate about supporting children with challenging behaviour and additional needs and looking for a new challenge? Help our young people to integrate into their community and their new home in Swansea
You will encourage independence and support their development pathway through individual care plans.
As a support worker within our residential service, you will be driven to provide holistic & ongoing support and care for young people with complex needs, challenging behaviour and emotional dysregulation.
You will be a vital member in our multi-disciplinary team and work alongside other Healthcare Professionals to support and manage existing care plans.
Working as a Support Worker in our purpose-built settings, you will:
- build strong relationships with the young people you support
- deliver high standards of care in line with individual and person-centred care plans
- work with young people to develop and encourage independence where suitable
- Provide a holistic approach to the young people within your care
As well as salaries starting from £19,000 pa, we offer incredible benefits including:
- Free onsite parking
- Ongoing and free CPD & Training relevant to your workload
- Casual dress code
- Discounted or free food provision
In order to be considered for this amazing opportunity to support children with complex needs and challenging behaviour you will need to:
- Be committed and passionate about supporting children in a residential setting
- Be able to commit to any of the following shift patterns – days, nights, evenings & weekends other shift patterns maybe required including long days with sleeps
- Be able to undertake an enhanced DBS check
Find out more about our home and apply by contacting Adam Macauley on 02920 390 150 Option 1 or email [email protected] with your CV. Not for you, but you know the perfect person for the job? We offer £50 for every successful referral, call us to refer a friend.
The role of a Children’s Residential Support Worker
Children’s Residential Support Workers look after the physical and mental wellbeing of children in care. Children living in a residential care home need the same kind of support and care that all children and young people need, in order to achieve the best they can in terms of their health, education and all aspects of their development.
As a residential support worker you will need to gain the trust of children and young people who for a variety of reasons need to use residential care to help them deal with issues affecting their lives. The work involves being a role model, developing good relationships and guiding children and young people in their learning, life skills and personal development. You will have an individual responsibility to comply with statutory child protection processes and make sure that children are kept safe from harm.
- the ability to get on with people of all ages and backgrounds and gain their trust;
- tact, patience and understanding;
- mental strength, to cope with challenging situations and clients.
To work in children’s homes, you must be at least 18 years old and at least 4 years older than the oldest child in the home. For this reason, many of these jobs carry a minimum age restriction of 21.
Children's Residential Support Workers will be required to hold or complete the relevant Level 3 qualification in Children & Young people.
In Wales, Residential Child Care Managers and Workers must register with the Care Council in order to practise.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 9th July 2021