- Location: Powys
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Temporary
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Child Disability Support Worker, Children Residential Support Worker, Children Services, Children's Support Worker
- Apply Now
New Directions Social Care are looking for experienced support workers that will contribute to the care of children in a residential unit on the outskirts of Brecon Town. The unit provides a home to children with learning disabilities and challenging behavior.
Our client currently requires full time ‘temp to perm’ staff which means you will be required to work via New Directions for a 12-week period before going over on a permanent contract.
So, if you are looking for a new challenge within the social care sector then please apply and if your CV demonstrates you have the right experience to fulfill the role, a member of the team will be in touch.
Candidates applying should have experience in the following;
- Emotional & Behavioral Difficulties
- Complex Needs
- Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities
- Challenging Behaviors
- Asperger Syndrome
Duties will include;
- Supporting the development of the children and young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the service user, reporting any safeguarding issues.
- To promote the independence of all Children and Young people in your care.
- To provide assessment and care to a high standard – meeting physical, behavioral and emotional needs.
- To fully participate and support young people during outdoor education activities.
- Liaise with other professionals including teachers, parents and carers.
If you think this is the job for you then please get in touch with us today and ask for Omar Salman. You can contact us directly on 02920 390150 (option 1).
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 19th July 2021