- Location: Gloucestershire - South West
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Children's Residential, Support Work
- Job Ref: OM
- Salary: £8.21-£9 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions are looking to recruit a Support Worker in Stroud to work in an independent living environment supporting young service users with mental health issues.
The service users recent care leavers working towards living a fulfilled life, your role would be to ensure they are settled throughout the nights and keep clearly defined boundaries. This is a highly rewarding role.
You will gradually get to build wonderful fulfilling relationships with the service users and really help them to grow and develop.
Set in a lovely rural area there is a lot for the service users to engage with.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 21st March 2019