- Location: Powys
- Job Type: Full Time
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Child Disability Support Worker, Children Residential Support Worker, Children Services, Children's Support Worker
- Apply Now
Do you have experience of supporting young people with Autism? Are you passionate about supporting and guiding children and young people on the autistic spectrum and making a difference? Are you based in or live in and around the county of Powys ?
We are looking to grow our support team of staff in the Powys area’s due to ongoing work being available near the town of Presteigne aswell as other area’s .
As a support worker you will deliver first-class support to children and young people with Autism. You will play a pivotal role in the development of the young people situated at the setting we currently support with staffing and ensure that their wellbeing is looked after at all times. This role can also involve periods where you would be required to apply personal care.
As a potential candidate, ideally you will meet the following criteria:
- 3 months relevant experience that can be referenced
- Manual Handling / Restraint training (not essential but desired)
- Confidence – Dealing with Autism can be very challenging at times.
We are able to offer you flexibility, working on a fulltime or part-time basis, shifts are generally as follows:
- AM: 8am – 3:30pm
- PM: 3pm – 8:30pm
- Long day: 8am – 8:30pm
- Nights: 8pm– 8:30am
Days – £9.00/£9.50 per hour / Nights – £9.50/£10.50 per hour
As well as the flexibility, you will also benefit from accruing holiday pay and endless training opportunities.
*Not for you, but you know the perfect person for the job? We offer £50 for every successful referral, call us to refer a friend.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 29th July 2021