- Location: Powys
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Children Residential Support Worker, Children Services, Children's Support Worker
- Apply Now
Salary £9.50 per hour £71.36 per sleep in.
We are extremely excited to be supporting a national client with temporary staffing in their newly opened residential children’s home in Brecon Beacons National Park. The home will accommodate up to 5 children aged between 11 and 18 and the focus will be to provide an enriching and positive environment ensuring we prepare the children in our care to move onto safe and nurturing foster care placements which will be achieved through early intervention.
Shift patterns include long days with sleep ins and the timings are typically 9am – 11pm Sleep 7am – 9am.
Basic Job Responsibilities:
- As part of our team, you will deliver the highest standards of care, protection, and support to our young people.
- Working as part of the team you will be part of internal and external training, team meetings, and the planning and decision-making processes within the home.
- Managing challenging behaviour resulting from complex needs
- Recognising when it is necessary to intervene using positive handling strategies, in order to ensure the safety of our young people and colleagues.
- Contributing to the monitoring of good practice within the home and ensuring safe working practices.
- Interacting with the children and young people and managing complex behaviour;
- Recording and reporting appropriately using the correct systems to escalate safeguarding concerns.
- Cleaning, cooking, maintaining the home and being involved in lots of exciting adventures and activities.
A Level 3 QCF in Children & Young People workforce is preferred but not essential.
For further information on this role or to apply, please contact us on 02920390150 Option 1.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 19th July 2021