- Location: Gloucestershire - South West
- Job Type: Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Child Care, Support Work
- Job Ref: OM
- Salary: £10.00 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions is looking for a dedicated support worker, who has experience working within a residential children’s home. Our client provide therapeutic support in an educational and residential service to work with young people aged between 9-18 with mental health issues or young people experienced complex trauma and require significant therapeutic intervention.
You will need a strong understanding of how to support young people with EBD and how to promote their independence. This role will require you to be flexible.
In return for your experience we offer competitive and weekly pay, free online training, flexible shifts, holiday pay and the opportunity to build your experience and knowledge.
If you are looking for a fresh challenge and have 6 month paid experience or 12 months volunteering, click apply now.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 24th September 2019