- Location: Rhondda Cynon Taff - South Wales
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Management
- Job Ref: GF
- Salary: £25,000 Per year
- Apply Now
New Directions Recruitment are currently looking to recruit for Children’s Home Deputy Manager for a children’s home based in the Ebbw Vale area.
Our client works towards providing young people with the greatest opportunity to grow intellectually and morally within an environment which is safe and nurturing.
Details or this particular role are:
Must hold level 3 QCF, hold at least 1 years’ experience of managing at this level in a similar setting, Confident in their ability to run a home of a number of resident young people & multiple staff, whist maintaining the smooth running of the home and also managing staff to their full potential and developing them and the young people at every opportunity.
Candidates applying should have experience in the following as well as meeting the above:
- Emotional & Behavioral Difficulties
- Complex Needs
- Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities
- Challenging Behaviors’
- Asperger Syndrome
Additional duties to the managerial duties will include;
- Supporting the development of the children and Young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the service user, reporting any safeguarding issues.
- To promote the independence of all Children and Young people in your care.
- To provide assessment and care to a high standard – meeting physical, behavioral and emotional needs.
- To fully participate and support young people during outdoor education activities.
- Liaise with other professionals including teachers, parents and carers.
The role of a Registered Manager
A registered manager is the person appointed by the provider to manage the regulated activity on their behalf, where the provider is not going to be in day-to-day charge of the regulated activities themselves.
This role is defined by the Care Standards Act 2000. Under this Act, the Registered Manager is responsible for the social care provision that he/she is managing.
Managers are responsible for the day-to-day provision of social care services. This means they support their staff and have a key role in ensuring the standard of care delivered is always high.
A first line manager’s role is to:
- manage the primary tasks and activities of the organisation;
- have a key role in determining whether standards of practice are being consistently maintained;
- support staff engaged in complex, personally demanding work and ensure that staff are continually developed in knowledge based practice.
Knowledge of service requirements and previous experience of working in a care or health setting is desired.
Must have NVQ L5 or equivalent, or be willing to work towards a relevant management qualification.
In Wales, Mandatory registration is required with the Care Council for;
- Domiciliary Care Managers;
- Residential Child Care Managers;
- Adult Care Home Managers.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 14th June 2019