- Location: Blaenau Gwent
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Temporary
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Children Residential Support Worker, Children Services, Registered Children's Home Manager
- Job Ref: GF
- Salary: Depending on experience
- Apply Now
New Directions are currently recruiting for various clients that are looking for multiple vacancies to be filled within there settings across South Wales.
Positions we are currently looking to recruit for are:
- Registered Children’s home Manager’s (Multiple vacancies)
- Deputy Manager’s
- Team Leaders
- Senior Residential support workers
- Residential support workers
*Ideally, you will hold a QCF Level 3 qualification in Children & young people and be registered with social care Wales. However, we are recruiting qualified and non-qualified support workers.
Candidates applying should have experience in the following as well as meeting the above:
- Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties
- Complex Needs
- Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities
- Challenging Behaviours
- Asperger Syndrome
- Supporting the development of the children and Young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the service user, reporting any safeguarding issues.
- To promote the independence of all Children and Young people in your care.
- To provide assessment and care to a high standard – meeting physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- To fully participate and support young people during outdoor education activities.
- Liaise with other professionals including teachers, parents and carers.
Did you know?
You can be registered with us in line with any existing job you currently have. When your details are on file with us, we can then notify you of any permanent new job roles that we are recruiting for that you may be interested in. Alternatively, you may be happy to register with us and pick up adhoc temporary work as and when you are able to. Doing this gives you the opportunity to work in different environments within the social care sector which can lead to you finding something that you really want to do and potentially a new permanent role.
So if you are currently looking for something knew or something to bump up your current income, Please contact us on 02920390150 option 1 if interested in getting registered or for more details on any of the roles we are currently advertising.
The role of a Children’s Residential Support Worker
Children’s Residential Support Workers look after the physical and mental wellbeing of children in care. Children living in a residential care home need the same kind of support and care that all children and young people need, in order to achieve the best they can in terms of their health, education and all aspects of their development.
As a residential support worker you will need to gain the trust of children and young people who for a variety of reasons need to use residential care to help them deal with issues affecting their lives. The work involves being a role model, developing good relationships and guiding children and young people in their learning, life skills and personal development. You will have an individual responsibility to comply with statutory child protection processes and make sure that children are kept safe from harm.
- the ability to get on with people of all ages and backgrounds and gain their trust;
- tact, patience and understanding;
- mental strength, to cope with challenging situations and clients.
To work in children’s homes, you must be at least 18 years old and at least 4 years older than the oldest child in the home. For this reason, many of these jobs carry a minimum age restriction of 21.
Children's Residential Support Workers will be required to hold or complete the relevant Level 3 qualification in Children & Young people.
In Wales, Residential Child Care Managers and Workers must register with the Care Council in order to practise.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 21st May 2020