- Location: Monmouthshire - South West
- Job Type: Full Time
- Sector: Children's Residential
- Job Ref: LH
- Salary: From £37,000 per annum
- Apply Now
We at New Directions Social Care are currently looking for a Children’s Home Manager for the beautiful rural area of Monmouth.
This job is commutable from Brecon, Usk, Malvern, Abergavenny, Cardiff and all within a 30 minute drive of these areas.
This is a four bedded children’s residential service for children who have suffered abuse, have emotional issues, severe complex needs and challenging behaviours, the children are aged between seven and 18 years old.
The client has a fantastic reputation, with a passion to deliver high quality child care, achieving positive outcomes and ensuring the best care possible is available for the children they support.
Hours are 40 hours per week on a shift basis, to include some weekends and sleep ins. Mileage will be paid on top if you use your car. This is a very rewarding job where you can make a positive difference to a child’s life but not only that you can play an instrumental part in that child’s future and developing the staff team around you.
You will be supporting the Registered Manager in the day to day management of the home and also taking lead responsibility when the manager is away on meetings.
- Applications considered from Senior Support Workers who are looking to progress.
- Experience or similar managing a similar children’s setting.
- Diploma Level 5 Leadership & Management.
- QCF Level 3 in Children & Young Peoples Workforce or NVQ Residential Childcare Level 3, is essential or similar social work degree.
- Knowledge of SCW standards & regulations.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 28th December 2018