- Location: Blaenau Gwent
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Temporary
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Children Residential Support Worker
- Apply Now
Are you an experienced Support Worker looking for a new challenge? We have full time temporary roles available in children’s residential homes in Blaenau Gwent.
What does the Support Worker role involve?
- Providing the highest quality care to children we support
- Promoting individuals’ independence by supporting with a range of educational, social and work-based activities
- Supporting children to attend school and engage in fun and stimulating lessons.
- Working with families and partner organisation’s to ensure support is personalised to meet individual needs
- Using a range of communication methods to assist individuals to make informed day-to-day choices
- Maintaining accurate record keeping of all activities, progress, and incidents should they arise
- Undertaking general housekeeping duties, plus elements of personal care
- Taking ownership to safeguard and protect vulnerable individuals, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of everyone we support
What do you need to be a Support Worker?
- A minimum of 3 months paid experience in a similar role
- A can-do attitude, caring and reliable nature
- Compassion and empathy
- Enthusiasm to promote independence & choice
- A strong work ethic
- Excellent communication
- The ability to work flexibly
- 23 years of age or older. We believe it is appropriate that there is a gap in age between the children we support and the staff looking after them; that allows us to ensure the best care in the safest environment.
Please contact Richard on 02920 390150 Option 1 for further information or submit your CV by emailing us on [email protected]
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 1st July 2021