- Location: Cardiff
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Category: Children Residential Support Worker, Children Services
- Apply Now
Residential support worker – Chepstow
Are you an experienced residential support worker ?..Are you passionate about providing a caring and nurturing environment to young people that have faced many difficult challenges in there early years ? If you’re naturally compassionate and caring, and making a difference to children’s lives is what motivates you, we’d love to hear from you.
If so, we have a great opportunity for you to join our close knit team and work in our very ‘home-like’ setting based in the stunning rural surroundings of Chepstow.
As a residential support worker you would be expected to:
- Be comfortable dealing with challenging situations
- Hold experience of dealing with complex needs and emotional and behavioural issues.
- Be comfortable to naturally build the right relationships with the young people based at the setting , making them feel like the setting is there home.
Duties would involve:
- Supporting the development of the children and Young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the service user, reporting any safeguarding issues.
- To promote the independence of all Children and Young people in your care.
- To provide assessment and care to a high standard – meeting physical, behavioral and emotional needs.
- To fully participate and support young people during outdoor education activities.
- Liaise with other professionals including teachers, parents and carer’s.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Entitlement to 28 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Enrolment onto vocational qualification courses.
- Progressive pay scale
- Access to a voluntary benefits including discounts at cinemas, restaurants and retail establishments
- Enrolment into the NEST Pension scheme.
There is no need for you to be qualified for this particular role but you will ideally be registered with social care Wales and hold at least 3 months relevant experience.
Interested in this role?
To find out more about the role and to apply, contact us on on 02920390150 – option 1 and speak with Gareth Ford.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 16th April 2021