- Location: Gloucestershire
- Job Type: Permanent, Temporary
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Children Residential Support Worker, Children Services
- Apply Now
Are you an experienced Support Worker looking for a new challenge? We have temporary adhoc roles available within various residential homes in and around the Gloucestershire area, where you would be supporting children with a variety of needs.
What does the Support Worker role involve?
Providing the highest quality care to children we support
Promoting individuals’ independence by supporting with a range of educational, social and work-based activities
Supporting children to attend school and engage in fun and stimulating lessons.
Working with families and partner organisations to ensure support is personalised to meet individual needs
Using a range of communication methods to assist individuals to make informed day-to-day choices
Maintaining accurate record keeping of all activities, progress, and incidents should they arise
Undertaking general housekeeping duties, plus elements of personal care
Taking ownership to safeguard and protect vulnerable individuals, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of everyone we support
What do you need to be a Residential Childcare Worker ?
- A minimum of 3 months paid experience in a similar role
- A can-do attitude, caring and reliable nature
- Compassion and empathy
- Enthusiasm to promote independence & choice
- A strong work ethic
- Excellent communication
- The ability to work flexibly
- NVQ/QCF Level 3 would be an advantage
- DBS on the update service, also a major advantage
Please contact Rob Davies on 02920390150 Option 1 for further information or submit your CV by emailing us on [email protected]
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 9th February 2022