- Location: Powys - Mid Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Children's Residential
- Job Ref: LH
- Salary: From £8.50 per hour
- Apply Now
We are recruiting for residential support workers in Brecon to work in a children residential home that offers respite opportunity for children and young people with Autism.
The service provides support to young people aged between 8 and 18 years that are diagnosed with Autism and associated behaviour issues.
As well as supporting the young people in their day to day lives, part of the role involves taking the children and YP out and about, sometimes on foot, or in their vehicle. Part of the role include taking part in local activities including bowling, horse riding or going to the cinema.
This is a challenging yet fun filled and rewarding vacancy and should you have experience working with children and young people in a similar role then we want to hear from you. You have the option of picking up full time or part time hours, all on a temporary basis with excellent rates of pay.
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 1st March 2019