- Location: Newport
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Children Residential Support Worker, Children Services, Children's Support Worker, Support Worker
- Apply Now
Child Residential Support Workers – Newport and surrounding area’s
New Directions are currently looking to recruit confident and experienced residential support workers to work in various child residential projects on a temporary basis within the Newport and surrounding areas.
Ideally you will hold a level 3 qualification in Children and young people (but not essential) and be registered with social care Wales.
Valid restraint training would also be a bonus, however this can be provided when registered with us, along with other training.
This role offers competitive rates of pay which will vary dependant of experience/qualifications/training.
What’s expected of you…
As a first point of contact for the young people you will be empathetic, able to present solutions to any barriers faced by the residents and feel comfortable to work under your own direction. Along with this you will integrate well within the current team and play your part in the day to day running of the setting.
You will be required to support young people who need positive behaviour management and structure within their day.
Your tasks will include daily activities with residents, domestic duties and any associated tasks vital to the efficient operation of the setting.
You will need to have at least 3 months paid or 12 months voluntary relevant experience that we can reference to register with us.
These settings can be quite challenging at times, so experience of working in a challenging role previously would be beneficial.
Contact us now….
If you feel you meet the criteria above and would like to apply or discuss this role further; please contact Gareth directly on 02920390150 option 1.
Reference ID: SW-NEWPORT
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: £9.00-£11.00 per hour
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 16th February 2021