- Location: Bristol - South West
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Children's Residential
- Job Ref: KK
- Salary: 17,300 - 17,500
- Apply Now
New Directions are looking to recruit a Children’s Residential Support Worker on behalf of our well established client in the Thornbury area of Gloucester.
Our client is a school with a residential service on site, our client believes in a vision of holistic education, care and therapy whilst being committed to strong academic progress, as demonstrated through an incredible range of different activities in our adapted curriculum. We are passionate about education and in providing the best opportunity for young people to develop their potential, real confidence and belief in themselves.
Due to the nature of the role you must have experience in working with children with challenging behaviour and attachment disorders, our client would also prefer candidates who have an NVQ level 1 or above.
Some of your roles and responsibilities will be:
– Liaise with House Coordinator and Team Leaders daily and when necessary
– Inform senior care staff of significant events such as illnesses, accidents, incidents, concerns etc. as soon as practicable
– Inform senior care staff of any changes in behaviour or health, which may affect the general well-being of the pupils
– Accompany pupils to medical appointments as required
– Order and purchase food and other household supplies according to budgets with agreement of senior care staff
– Organise leisure and free time activities for pupils
– Communicate effectively with colleagues
– Manage pupils personal allowance
– Keep house clean and hygienic
– Take part in supervision and mentoring sessions as well as appraisals
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 27th June 2018