- Location: Bridgend
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Sector: Adult Services, Older Persons
- Category: Registered General Nurse (RGN), Registered Nurse
- Apply Now
Full time permanent 36 hours a week – Days
£37,085 per annum
We are currently recruiting for a Clinical lead Full time permanent role for a client near the Bridgend area of South Wales. As Clinical Lead you will be supporting the home manager and the deputy manager, playing an active part of the home, to ensure the highest standard of care and wellbeing are maintained. You will particular emphasis on clinical nursing leadership .be responsible for the management and delegation of duties to all nursing and care staff.
About the role
- Ensuring all relevant records are completed and in an accurate manner, maintaining an effective handover process
- keeping all staff up to date by holding regular staff meetings with any update in the home.
- Ensuring that all staff are aware of the agreed of emergency procedures and any reviews. Communicating effectively with clinical health and social care professionals.
- keeping clear and accurate records and keeping next of kin informed of significant changes to a resident’s condition.
- Ensuring all medications, including controlled drugs are ordered, stored, and administered and disposed of in accordance with medicines policy.
- Ensure that care facilities, equipment and supplies meet required standards for safe delivery of care
- Deal with Complaints and carry out investigations as requested by Deputy/home manager
- To be aware of own profession and accountability and act at all times within the NMC Code and support the nursing Team to ensure they are ready for NMC revalidation
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associate guidelines where appropriate
- RMN/RGN Qualified
- Registered Nurse with Current NMC PIN
- To have professional experience in elderly care, dementia and end of life care
- Management Qualifications ILM 3/5
- Evidence of continual professional development
- QCF level 5
- Developed clinical assessment skills
- Knowledge of care of the elderly, including an understanding of chronic disease management
- Good IT skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of current legislation to relating to care homes
- Good intrapersonal and communication skills written and verbal
- Coaching and mentoring
- Complaints management
- Training or teaching experience Training
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a nurse scheme
- Enhanced overtime rates
- Management support and Coaching
- Support with NMC revalidation
- Childcare vouchers
- Double time for bank holidays
- NMC Paid
To find out more please contact Louise John on [email protected] or call us today on 02920 390 150.
Not right for you but you know someone who would be perfect? Refer a friend today for a £250 Bonus* T&Cs apply.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 6th April 2022