- Location: Bristol
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Permanent
- Category: Mental Health Support Worker
- Salary: £17,842.00 to £26,182.00 per annum (dependent on sleepins)
- Apply Now
Are you an experienced mental health support worker? Are you passionate about supporting adults and young people with mental health. As a support worker you will be enabling people with various and complex support needs progress towards recovery, wellbeing and independence.
You will support clients with daily tasks within their accommodation, accessing the local community for appointments, shopping, and social activities. You will be required to update daily logs, risk assessments and support plans as part of your role. Other requirements for the role are –
- Previous experience working with people with mental health needs.
- Able to undertake evening and weekend work, ideally at least 1 sleep-in shift per week as well as core hours.
- Have an inclusive and positive approach to life.
- Be resilient and able to cope with challenging situations.
- Be motivated to enable others to achieve their goals.
- Be reliable, resourceful and familiar with lone working procedures
- A driver or cyclist and preferably have access to transport.
- Must be honest, innovative, organised, flexible and driven.
- We are currently looking for applicants to be able to work full time, the shift pattern: Sunday to Thursday or Tuesday to Saturday.
You will be given a comprehensive training and development programme tailored to your goals for progression within the client. Other fantastic benefits include –
- Annual bonus
- Learning and development opportunities
- Company sick pay
- Online private GP care and paid wellbeing days
- Enhanced rate for Sleep in shifts
- Casual dress code
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company pension
- Access to employee discount provider
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £17,842.00 to £26,182.00 per annum (dependent on sleepins)
The request for male applicants, in this instance, is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010, due to the nature of our services and client groups.
Find out more about this amazing role and apply by contacting Keri Evans on 02920 390 150 Option 1 or email [email protected] with your CV. Not for you, but you know the perfect person for the job? We offer £50 for every successful referral, call us to refer a friend.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 23rd June 2021