- Location: Bristol - South West
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: KK
- Salary: Up to 17,000 per annum
- Apply Now
We are currently recruiting for a number of perm contracts working with young people in the community aged between 16 and 25, assisting with the transition into independence and adulthood in the Bristol area.
The young people have come out of the care sector and may have issues with substance misuse and mental health. Your role would be to provide support, guidance and advice in all areas of their daily life, this includes budgeting, health, careers and education.
Main Aspects of the role are as follows:
· To ensure the accommodation is in a good condition and taken necessary action on repairs and issues within the property.
· To support the young person in meetings or visits to support agencies i.e. Drugs services, AA and if necessary transport and attend these meetings with the young person.
· To encourage independence and self-care skills.
· To work through a Life skills Journal with the person, whilst being sensitive to their needs and abilities.
· To engage a young person and build a sound working relationship.
The role is rewarding and offers an opportunity to really build relationships and make a difference to a young person, we are looking for individuals who are adaptable and want to empower and have a genuine passion for making a difference.
Please contact New Directions Social Carefor more information on this job vacancy,on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 6th March 2018