- Location: South Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: MC
- Salary: From £16,958 per annum
- Apply Now
New Directions are looking to recruit a Complex Support Worker to work on a Permanent basis for a leading support provider in the South Wales area. We are looking to recruit people in Blaenavon, Brecon and Bridgend.
The ideal person will be positive, creative and innovative to enable people to achieve the things that matter to them. You will make a real difference to people’s lives ensuring they play an active part in their local community and develop strong local networks. A full paid induction will be given to all new employees To support your induction and development you will undertake a range of core and specialist training programs and qualifications.
Being part of the Autism & Complex Behaviour team will open up a range of exciting opportunities for anyone keen to develop a career within social care and support. The company offers staff developing within the organisation to achieve accredited qualifications and achieve promotions to leadership and management positions.
You will be required to demonstrate the following criteria:
• Have excellent written and verbal skills.
• Have empathy when supporting service users with personal care
• Creative with support to maximise the service users abilities
• Able to support us with cooking walking and cycling
• Be Flexible with working hours, to cover weekends, sleep-ins, and bank holidays
• To be able to drive is essential.
Salary range between £16,958 – £17,161 per annum (£8.33 – £8.43 per hour)
An enhancement of 50p is built in to this salary range, therefore for each hour worked in an enhanced setting an employee receives an additional 50p
Sleep in payment rate of £62.64 based on an 8 hour sleep
A defined contribution pension arrangement as standard with the option to discuss pension transfer / continuation if coming from the public sector (8%, made up of 4% Employer and 4% Employee)
32 leave days inc. bank holidays rising to 37 following 5 years service
Commitment to work towards fully funded appropriate professional qualifications, including a QCF Level 2 in health and social care or equivalent
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th December 2018