- Location: Monmouthshire
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Sector: Housing
- Category: Tenancy Support Workers
- Salary: £23632 - £24876
- Apply Now
Are you an experienced Tenancy Support Worker? Do you have a passion for supporting service users to achieve greater independence, maintain dignity and respect?
We currently have an exciting vacancy for one of our clients in the Monmouth area for a Dads Can development worker on a permanent basis between £23632 – £24876 per annum. As a development worker you provide individual emotional and practical tailored support, enabling individuals to deal with challenging situations such as housing, relationship management, crisis and supporting them to become more resilient individuals
Other responsibilities include –
- Provide housing-related support service for vulnerable males living in the city of Newport. To prevent homelessness and help people develop and maintain the necessary skills to live as independently and self-sufficiently as possible.
• Provide support in a one to one or group setting as needs arise, using coaching skills and mentoring to set aims and objectives that will help them achieve their goals in life.
• Deliver the bespoke Dads Can behaviour change toolkit, which enables dads to identify the signs of unhealthy relationships and empower individuals to implement techniques enhancing their life.
• Maintain high quality case management records, adhering to GDPR, evaluating and capturing outcomes.
• Work in collaboration with agencies and provide relationship brokerage for clients.
You will also be expected to –
- Participate in Continuous
Improvement of our services
• Compliance with our Financial
• Encourage tenant engagement
• Maintain safe working practices
• Undertake Tenant Insight
• Contribute to our ‘Rent First’
Find out more about this amazing role and apply by contacting Keri Evans on 02920 390 150 Option 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV. Not for you, but you know the perfect person for the job? We offer £50 for every successful referral, call us to refer a friend.
The role of a Tenancy Support Worker
The role involves working with people who are living in the community and are at risk of homelessness. It involves supporting people to tackle the issues that may lead to homelessness and to increase their independence.
This is a specialised role focussing on matters related to legislation. Tenancy Support Workers may advise people who need care and support on matters such as housing benefit, disability living allowances, employment benefit, sick pay, rent support and bereavement benefits.
Ideal candidates will have some knowledge of the benefit system and housing law. The group of clients we work with vary, it includes but not limited to those with Mental health diagnosis, alcohol and substance dependency, child protection issues, learning difficulties, young people and those over 55.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 3rd June 2021