- Location: Merthyr Tydfil
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Children Residential Support Worker
- Job Ref: GF
- Salary: £26,000 per annum
- Apply Now
New Directions Recruitment are currently looking to recruit for Children’s Home Deputy Manager for a children’s home based in the Merthyr area of South Wales.
Our client works towards providing young people with the greatest opportunity to grow intellectually and morally within an environment which is safe and nurturing.
- Salary – £26k pa
- Hours – Monday to Friday (9am – 5pm) you must be flexible to cover shifts if needed.
Requirements for this particular role are:
- Must hold level 3 QCF in children and young people.
- Hold at least 1 years’ experience of managing at this level in a similar setting
- Confident in their ability to run a home of a number of resident young people & multiple staff, whist maintaining the smooth running of the home and also managing staff to their full potential and developing them and the young people at every opportunity.
Candidates applying should have experience in the following as well as meeting the above:
- Emotional & Behavioral Difficulties
- Complex Needs
- Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities
- Challenging Behaviors’
- Asperger Syndrome
Additional duties to the managerial duties will include;
- Supporting the development of the children and Young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the service user, reporting any safeguarding issues.
- To promote the independence of all Children and Young people in your care.
- To provide assessment and care to a high standard – meeting physical, behavioral and emotional needs.
- To fully participate and support young people during outdoor education activities.
- Liaise with other professionals including teachers, parents and carers.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch with Gareth Ford on 02920390150 opt 1 asap!
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 1st October 2020