New Directions Social Care are currently recruiting temporary Domiciliary Care Assistants on behalf of a national client in Newport. You will be required to prove care and support on a one to one basis within a service users own home.
Your duties may include:
- Supporting individuals with their daily activities within the service user’s home or within the wider community
- Enabling individuals to live comfortably, safely and happily within their home
- Supporting and enabling regular access to the local community
- Assisting, promoting and encouraging service user’s independence
- Support service users with personal care, nutrition, social and spiritual well-being
- Completion of daily reports as required to meet standards
- May include liaison with external agencies, local authorities and family members
- Assisting individuals to undertake hobbies, attend day services, daytime activities and outings
- Communication – excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Have the ability to adapt style to meet clients’ needs
- Customer Service – excellent customer service skills and able to build rapport with both staff and service users
- Full UK driving licence and use of own vehicle
- Possess a QCF level 2 or above in Health and Social Care
- Worked in a similar setting / environment in a previous role
To be considered you will have a minimum of 6 months paid experience in a similar role.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS (the cost of which is met by the applicant).
Please contact Omar Salmman for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190 or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 16th February 2021