- Location: Bristol
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Adult Services, Older Persons
- Category: Adult Services, Care Assistants, Domiciliary Care Assistants, Older Persons
- Apply Now
Are you an experienced Care Assistant? Do you have a passion for delivering first class Care? New Directions Social Care are currently recruiting for temporary Domiciliary Care Assistants on behalf of a national client in Cardiff. You will be required to prove care and support on a one to one basis within a service users own home.
As well as supporting individuals with their daily activities within the service user’s home, as an experienced Domiciliary Care Assistant,
- Supporting individuals with their daily activities within the service user’s home or within the wider community
- Enabling individuals to live comfortably, safely and happily within their home
- Supporting and enabling regular access to the local community
- Assisting, promoting and encouraging service user’s independence
- Support service users with personal care, nutrition, social and spiritual well-being
- Completion of daily reports as required to meet standards
- May include liaison with external agencies, local authorities and family members
- Assisting individuals to undertake hobbies, attend day services, daytime activities and outings
As well as competitive pay rates up to £10 per hour, we offer incredible benefits including:
- A dedicated consultant to help and guide you through the booking process
- Flexible working hours. Whether it’s weekends, evenings, nights or long days. Choose what shifts you want to work!
- 24 hour on call service
- Ongoing and free CPD & Training relevant to your workload
- Accrued holiday pay – a savings pot you can take out at any time to allow you a break from work
Find out more about this great opportunity and apply by contacting Keri Evans on 02920 390 150 Option 1 or email email@example.com with your CV. If this is not for you, but you know the perfect person for the job, we offer £50 for every successful referral, call us to refer a friend.
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 31st March 2021