- Location: Vale of Glamorgan - South Wales
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Care & Support
- Job Ref: MC
- Salary: £8.50 - £9.75 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions are currently recruiting Healthcare Assistants to work with vulnerable clients in their own homes in the Barry area.
This is an extremely rewarding and varied role, caring for individuals who need assistance with their daily lives and providing companionship and support.
General activities include:
- Assistance with washing, dressing and maintaining their general hygiene.
- Building relationships and providing emotional support.
- Assisting with any personal care.
- Supporting clients with food preparation and daily tasks.
- Manual Handling
- Food Hygiene
- First Aid
To be considered for this role you must have the minimum of 6 months paid or 12 months voluntary experience in the Social Care sector.
Although not essential, a car driver with access to their own vehicles would be preferential as calls between homes across Barry are required.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 17th May 2019