- Location: Cardiff
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Adult Services
- Category: Domiciliary Care Assistants, Older Persons
- Apply Now
Are you an experienced domiciliary care worker with a passion to help people remain independent and living in their own home? Do you share our commitment to providing high quality care and exceptional customer service? If this sounds like you, we have a fantastic opportunity with an immediate start, in the Cardiff area.
The role: Domiciliary Care Assistant
Pay scales: £9.50 – £10 p/h
We are seeking caring and compassionate individuals who enjoy interacting with the elderly and assisting them to remain independent and living in their own homes. Candidates must be warm and approachable, with an ability to provide high levels of care and compassion to our service users. This role will involve assisting service users with personal care and general household tasks. Successful candidates must be self-motivated, well-organized and able to work independently and as part of a team. This role provides a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference in someone’s life and ensure they maintain as high a quality of life, as possible.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist service users with personal care
- Meal preparation
- Household tasks i.e., essential cleaning.
- Help to administer medication
- Accurate record keeping and compliance with policies and procedures, at all times
- Strive to reach high standards of care and customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and approachable
- Compassionate, patient and empathetic
- Personal care
- Assist with mobility issues
- Ability to understand and follow policies and procedures.
- Team player
- Ability to deal with emergencies and difficult situations
If you’d like to have an informal chat about this position then please call Rob on 02920 390 150 (option 1) Alternatively you can submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be in contact with you should you meet the above requirements.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 1st September 2021