- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Care & Support, Care Work, Nursing, Support Work
- Job Ref: AM
- Salary: £9.00 per hour
- Apply Now
We are looking for passionate and dedicated carers to join our team in providing care to elderly clients in the Swansea area.
The successful applicant must have relevant experience working with the elderly and vulnerable.
Duties will include; going into service users’ homes to provide personal care, assist with domestic duties, assist with washing and dressing and providing companionship.
To be considered for this role it is essential that you have the following training:
- Manual Handling
- Protection of Vulnerable Adults
- Adults Infection Control
- First Aid Health and Safety
- Dementia Awareness
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 26th November 2019