- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Care Work
- Job Ref: OS
- Salary: From £8.00 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions Social Care are currently recruiting Domicillary Care Assistants on behalf of a national client in Cardiff. You will be required to provide care and support on a one to one basis within a service users own home.
Your duties may include:
- Supporting individuals with their daily activities within the service user’s home or within the wider community
- Enabling individuals to live comfortably, safely and happily within their home
- Supporting and enabling regular access to the local community
- Assisting, promoting and encouraging service user’s independence
- Support service users with personal care, nutrition, social and spiritual well-being
- Completion of daily reports as required to meet standards
- May include liaison with external agencies, local authorities and family members
- Assisting individuals to undertake hobbies, attend day services, daytime activities and outings
The role of a Care Assistant
Duties may vary depending on the needs of the individual. Care Assistants are responsible for the individuals' overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. Duties can include:
- Assisting and enabling;
- washing and dressing;
- taking food and refreshment;
- bed making;
- providing interest and activities to stimulate and engage the service user;
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight;
- contributing to record keeping.
Care workers work as part of a larger team and are supervised by a manager or senior care worker. They can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is usually developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person requiring care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 23rd April 2019