- Location: Rhondda Cynon Taf
- Job Type: Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Children's Support Worker
- Apply Now
About the client:
The Resilient Families team, work in partnership with the Local Authority Children’s Services Team as an early intervention and prevention service. We are responsible for supporting families who require universal support that does not meet threshold for Children’s Services. Some of the areas of support we cover include family breakdown, substance misuse, domestic violence, self-harm & suicidal ideation, mental health issues, emotional well-being support, housing, home conditions, basic parenting support and liaising with all other specialist services to ensure families receive the support they need.
Role Title: Intervention Worker (Key Worker, Family Support Worker, Lead Worker)
Hours: 22.2 per week over 3 days
Location: East RCT (office base in Fernhill, Aberdare).
Hourly rate: £9.50 up to £12.73
What the job involves: they will be allocated a caseload of families that they work solely on; each family will have an action plan already created for them that the Intervention Worker must follow and complete the associated goals with the family; this may include completing intervention sessions with members of the family to improve emotional well-being, explore parenting strategies, understand childhood trauma etc. They are likely to also be tasked with liaising with other professionals as they have the ‘key working’ role, meaning that they must gain the updates from other agencies also working with the family, such as the Youth Offending team, Parenting, Emotional Well-being Team, Midwives, Community Nurses etc. The Intervention Worker may also be required to liaise with school and arrange/attend school meetings with the family. Most of the intervention is completed within the family’s home or in the school. The team are also expected to contact the family every three days and visit the family’s home at least once a week. All contact with the family and other professionals is recorded on the RCT service user recording system, Capita. Due to the threshold for Children’s Services increasing since lockdown, we are dealing with more safeguarding issues within the service. We have a robust management structure in place to support the Intervention Worker’s with this, but there responsibility can be to recognise, receive disclosures and report concerns. Managers will advise of the best course of action and the Intervention Workers complete this with their support.
What we are looking for:
- An awareness, understanding and ideally experience of dealing with safeguarding issues
- The ability to communicate at different levels with parents, children, and professionals
- Confidence in working within family’s homes
- Some experience of working on a 1:1 basis with children or families
- Ability to note take and record on a computer (training is provided for our recording system)
- Good organizational skills
- It would be desirable to have someone who has experience of managing a caseload.
If you have the relevant experience and believe you are suitable to this role please contact [email protected] or call on 02920 390150 (option 1).
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 23rd May 2022