- Location: Neath Port Talbot
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Adult Services
- Category: Adult Services, Adult Support Workers, Tenancy Support Workers
- Apply Now
Are you an experienced floating support worker? Are you passionate about supporting those in need with a focus on mental health and tenancy management? Help service users assigned to you, integrate into their community and link in with 3rd party services in Neath Port Talbot
You will provide a professional yet friendly face for those within Neath Port Talbot to seek out housing related assistance as well as provide a point of contact to those in the community for more generalised support.
As a floating support worker within the Neath Port Talbot service, you will be driven to provide ongoing support and advice for service users with varying needs so a firm understanding of floating support & mental health is essential.
You will be a vital member in our multi-disciplinary team and will work alongside other Housing Professionals to support and manage an existing caseload that will also receive new referrals throughout the month
Working as a Floating Support Worker in Neath Port Talbot, you will:
• build strong relationships with the service users you support in the community
• deliver high standards of support in line with individual and person-centered support plans
• work with the individuals on your caseload to develop and encourage independence where suitable
As well as pay rates starting at £380 per week (40 hrs pw) we offer incredible benefits for this role:
• Monday to Friday working (9am – 5pm)
• Ability to manage your working day to meet your service users needs
• Ongoing and free CPD & Training relevant to your workload
• Accrued holiday pay – a savings pot you can take out at any time to allow you a break from work
In order to be considered for this amazing opportunity to become a floating support worker in NPT you will need to:
• Be committed and passionate about supporting those on your caseload in the assigned geographical area
• Be able to commit to Monday to Friday (9 – 5)
• Demonstrate a firm understanding of housing related support
• Be a driver with own vehicle and able to use this daily as part of your role
• Be able to undertake an enhanced DBS check
Find out more about our home and apply by contacting Adam Macauley on 02920 390 150 Option 1 or email email@example.com with your CV. Not for you, but you know the perfect person for the job? We offer £50 for every successful referral, call us to refer a friend.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 17th May 2021