- Location: Bristol - South West
- Job Type: Full Time
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: KK
- Salary: From £9.50 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions Social Care are currently recruiting for an on-going temporary position. This position offers full time 24 hour shifts or sleep shifts.
The company offers support and accommodation to over 1,500 young people, mothers and babies, young offenders, vulnerable adults and asylum seekers.
You would be required to work in the outreach services providing support and guidance in regards to the below:
· Source accommodation
· Manage their personal and domestic hygiene
· Maintain good health and emotional being
· Organise their budgets
· To gain training and education
· Develop their recreational interests
· Develop future plans
This role would require you to hold a full drivers license and have access to a vehicle, the shifts are flexible and can offer part time or full time work. You would be required to do sleep in shifts.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th June 2018