- Location: Neath Port Talbot - South Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: AM
- Salary: £8.50 – 9.50 Per Hour Dependant on Experience
- Apply Now
We are currently recruiting for experienced floating support staff in the Neath and Port Talbot area. Travelling throughout a designated area, you will provide support to service users who require:
- Benefits Advice
- Housing Advice
- Well-being Assistance
- Sign Posting to external organisations
Ideal Candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Work shift patterns including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Knowledge of Tenancy Support/ Benefits
- Have, or complete a DBS on the update service
- Provide exceptional service to all client groups
- Confident to deal with challenging situations
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 7th January 2020